Health Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Over the last 5000 years during which green tea made from Camellia Sinensiswas popular in Asia, influence of green tea has been
closely monitored and tested. With the arrival of modern science and advanced technology, many international studies tackled this question and tried to
explore all the possible health benefits that this ancient drink hides within its unique taste and smell. Even though some studies contradict one
another, one thing is certain - Green Tea can be responsible for healing of many ailments, vast range of illnesses and can without a doubt make our
life healthier and longer.
Here are some of the most notable benefits of drinking Green Tea.
- The antioxidant properties of green tea help in preventing formation of wide range of cancers (including breast, prostate and lung cancer).
Increases metabolic rate
- Similarly to coffee, intake of green teal raises metabolic rates, speeds up fat oxidation, insulin sensitivity and raises body temperature. One
cup of green tea contains between 15 and 50mb of caffeine, which boostsshort term memory and reduces the likelihood of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's
Improves Immune System
- One component of green tea called theanine is responsible for reinforcing body's ability of fighting infections by boosting the production of
- Thousands of years of tradition in Asia proved right when studies shown that green tea lowers the levels of hormone cortisol, which is
responsible for causing the stress.
Removes bad breath
- Regular dinging of green tea inhibit the growth of mouth bacteria that are responsible for bad breath.
Treatment of Bacterial Infection
- Green and white teas are an excellent means of removing many types of bacterial infections (Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, pneumonia, and
Prevention of stroke
- Drinking three or more cups of green tea per day can reduce risk of stroke by as much as 21%.
- Regular drinking of green teal improves the health of blood vessels, reduce blood pressure and arterial stiffness.
- Regular intake of green tea has proven to reduce symptoms of depression.
Regulation of weight loss and diabetes
- Green tea is an excellent way to fight obesity and lower the amount of bad cholesterol in metabolism. It also suppresses appetite.
- Green tea has a positive effect on skin, making it healthier and removing acnes.
Digestion and bowel control
- Green tea helps with digestion and removes many bowel problems (its component Catechine destroys many harmful bacteria).
Reinforcing tooth and bone structure
- Green tea is full of fluorides, which are excellent for keeping your bones strong, and antibacterial properties are great for removing plaques
- Green tea's ability to remove free radicals is a extremely helpful for people who had liver transplants and are fighting against rejection or
Note: All figures are approximate; this site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.